Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad won't appear in itunes

The update to itunes 10.6.1.7 won't show my iPad 1. I'm on a desktop Mac. My iPods and iPod Touch work fine. I've tried the usual restarting and re-plugging, etc. The iPad charges fine when connected directly to an outlet. Arrgg!

iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 7:10 AM

9 replies

Apr 4, 2012 9:35 AM in response to alanfromnewtownards

Thanks. Point 6 is for Windows to reinstall iTunes. I went ahead and reinstalled iTunes for Mac (by following the directions for reinstalling the Apple Mobile Device Service http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1747). But my problem remains -- iPad is not recognized in iTunes.

What I find most puzzling is that the iPad doesn't power when connected to USB (and of course I've tested several cords, ports, and devices). It seems that the Mac doesn't recognize the iPad it at all after the update to 10.6.1.7

Dec 18, 2015 9:30 PM in response to yum cookie

I have the same problem, the ipad charges and I can import photos, but itunes will not recognize it. I sincerely regret buying an ipad for my tablet, they make it as difficult as possible to add and edit media on the device even when it did recognize it. Now I can't even change my media. Aaargh! Apple just *****. All the authorizations and hidden processes make itunes impossible to use. I have used other tablets, and they are as simple as drag and drop. This is how a device should work.

ipad won't appear in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.