Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bug with group messaging

i have a galaxy nexus, and have no desire to switch to iphone. i do use other apple products (ipod touch, nano, ipad) but am very happy with android for my phone.

my friend who has an iphone started a group message, and included me along with several other iphone users. the problem is that now i get every reply from everyone in the group, and haven't been able to find a way to get myself out of it. i'm getting literally one text message every 5 seconds or so.

this seems like a huge flaw in ios - shouldn't it be checking to see if the other people in the group are ios users like it does with imessage? or at least give people who aren't ios users a way out of the group?

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 10:30 AM

8 replies

Apr 27, 2012 11:13 AM in response to KiltedTim

wow. way to take the first statement way out of context...

in case you didn't notice, i did say that i do use other apple products. i just bought an ipad and love it. i apologize for not realizing that the fact that i didn't have an iphone as well (or the fact that i'm happy with android, not sure which one particularly angered you) precluded me from getting help on these forums.

anyway, your condescending answer doesn't change the fact that it's a bug. ios can obviously check to see if user at the other end of the message is an ios user, it does it for imessage...it should do it here and not include group replies to people that don't have iphones. all it's doing is spamming those other users and giving them no way out of the thread...

May 3, 2012 12:04 PM in response to KiltedTim

it's pointless to send group replies to people that don't have an iphone, because if the non-iphone user replies to that message it's only going to the original user anyway...not the entire group. so, your argument is kinda invalidated right there - because the non-iphone using friends ALREADY aren't getting all of the group messages. ****, even the iphone using friends aren't getting all of them, if they come from a non-iphone user...

that still isn't the main point, though. even if you want to make the argument that it isn't a bug (which although i disagree with you, i can at least see making the argument)...there should be a way for non-iphone users to get themselves out of the group somehow without having to just wait for the group to stop replying. in a huge group, that could take days if not weeks...

bug with group messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.