Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy files failed: An unknown error occurred (-50), copy files failed: An unknown error occurred (-50)

Can't consolidate my library. Any clue as to the fix?

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 12:06 PM

7 replies

Apr 4, 2012 12:26 PM in response to rqtet

Sounds like you may have some damaged files. My script Unconsolidated should be able to show you which tracks still need to be consolidated. You can then either choose to select the remainder in small batches and consolidate just those, or use my script ConsolidateByMoving for the task. The script still won't be able to copy the damaged tracks but it should let you know which file it fails on.

tt2

Apr 4, 2012 1:42 PM in response to rqtet

Do you have a line number? The script prossibly makes an unjustified assumption that the Album Artist field always exists though I thought I'd covered that one.

Looking at the script there are two locations where the value of .AlbumArtist is read - the second one shouldn't ever cause an error. The first one has never done so for me, but I suppose it is possible if the "first" track in your library isn't a standard audio track...

If the error line is 143 would you mind adding the following line of code before the current line:

If I=1 Then MsgBox .Name ' (letter i = numeral 1)

Can you find the object with that name in the library, and if so what kind of object is it?

tt2

copy files failed: An unknown error occurred (-50), copy files failed: An unknown error occurred (-50)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.