You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone alarm doesn't go off sometimes or goes off on the wrong time.

First example, last night I changed my alarm from 7:00am to go off at 6:00am. I woke up at 6:50 without any alarm. Then in my scramble to get ready, my alarm goes off at 7:04am??? I'm completely baffled as to why this happened. This hasn't been my first problem with the alarm either. I've had times where my alarm just hasn't gone off at all and made me late for class. Everytime the night before, I'd make sure the volume was on max, and it wasn't on silent mode. This is a serious problem and if I had a job, I know I couldn't rely on my phone to go off at the proper time.

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 6:04 PM

This is how to fix that. It's not the phone. If you want your notifications to be silent but your alarm to go off, then turn your ringer switch to silent and make sure your ringer is up, using the volume buttons. Even though your ringer volume is up, your notifications are silenced. It will still vibrate though. So turn your volume up and put the switch to silent and it will do the trick. Just make sure your alarm is correctly set and it will work every morning. Btw the volume controls the alarm volume when the silence button is on silent.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2012 6:04 PM in response to razmee209

This is how to fix that. It's not the phone. If you want your notifications to be silent but your alarm to go off, then turn your ringer switch to silent and make sure your ringer is up, using the volume buttons. Even though your ringer volume is up, your notifications are silenced. It will still vibrate though. So turn your volume up and put the switch to silent and it will do the trick. Just make sure your alarm is correctly set and it will work every morning. Btw the volume controls the alarm volume when the silence button is on silent.

iPhone alarm doesn't go off sometimes or goes off on the wrong time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.