Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

citrix receiver

I'm tryng to set up the Citrix Receiver on Lion X but when I login I keep getting a SSL error "You not chosen to trust Network Solutions Certificate Authority, the issuer of this servers certificate." I'm new to the MAC world, I've always had PC's but want to learn.

Dave

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 5:18 PM

25 replies

Oct 6, 2017 10:56 AM in response to MacManiac_

You sir are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this solution. This works as of 10/2017!

One thing to keep in mind - the name of your certificate may differ from "Network Solutions Certificate Authority". For instance, the error message I got on my iMac (10.13) was "You have not chosen to trust Go Daddy Certificate G2", so in step #7, I found "Go Daddy Certificate G2" and followed the guide the rest of the way. Finally, I imported by dragging and dropping the exported certificate into the certificates section within Keychain.

Works like a charm. Many thanks!

Apr 17, 2012 2:14 PM in response to dbernard12

The problem you are facing is at the server end....the new Citrix upgrade hasn't been properly configured to serve to your Macintosh the intermediate certificate that you need in order to get fully through the Citrix gateway. Windows machines CAN properly negotiate their way through this process because the default settings on the Citrix server are designed for Windows.

If you can't get your IT folks to resolve the issue at the server, there is a work-around for you at the client end.

You will need to use a Windows computer to log into your Citrix access gateway and then run one of the applications there....having done that, you now have a copy of the needed intermediate certificate installed on that computer.

Using IE 8 (or equivalent) you can export that certificate and then move a copy onto your Macintosh to then import into your System Keychain using the Keychain Access utility.

I just went through this process with my corporate IT folks who aren't allowed to support Macintosh issues.

Here's the text of what I sent them:

To fix things, I got the newer version of the needed certificate from a Windows machine, via these steps:

Windows Specific Instructions:

1) From a Windows computer, log in to the Citrix Gateway once and launch any application. This will ensure that the certificate gets installed in Windows, if it’s not already present.
2) In Windows, log out of the Citrix gateway.
3) launch Internet Explorer if not already running.
4) in IE, go to the Tools menu –> Internet Options –> Content tab
5) click the Certificates button
6) click the Intermediate Certification Authorities tab
7) find the “Network Solutions Certificate Authority” certificate in the list
8) click the certificate once to highlight, then click Export
9) click Next
10) choose DER Encoded Binary X.509 (.CER)
11) click Next
12) click Browse, and change to the Desktop if not there already
13) in the file name field, type or paste: Network Solutions Certificate Authority
14) click Save, click Next, click Finish.
15) there should now be a file on the Windows desktop with the name
Network Solutions Certificate Authority.cer
16) copy this file to the Mac in whatever way you normally move files.

Mac Specific Instructions:

17) on the Mac, copy the file to your desktop.
18) in Finder, go to Applications –> Utilities
19) launch Keychain Access
20) open the System keychain and import the certificate
21) restart your Macintosh and then try to access your Citrix Gateway again

You should be healed……

I got this above process using a Google search after about a week of waiting for my corporate IT folks to resolve the access issue....before they told me that they DON'T do Macintosh support.

Dec 2, 2013 5:53 AM in response to dbernard12

Here is a slightly easier method (for Network Solutions certificates anyway) that doesn't involve access to a PC:

1. Go to http://www.networksolutions.com/support/where-can-i-locate-the-network-solutions -nsprotect-root-and-intermediate-certificate-files/

2. Click the link for Network Solutions Intermediate Certificate

3. Locate the downloaded file in your downloads folder and open it.

4. Click "Add" on the dialog that pops up.

citrix receiver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.