Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad blank screen, no response

I went to use my IPad2 and the screen was dark. I had charged it a few days ago and kept the magnetic cover closed until now. When I plugged in the charger, nothing happened, no logo nor charging icon. No response from buttons. It is as if it is dead, never happened before. Any ideas??

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 7:03 PM

Try to reboot. Press and hold BOTH the power and home buttons at the SAME time for about 10 seconds (ignore the red slider to shut down) until the Apple Logo appears, then let go of both buttons and [hopefully] your iPad will restart. If this does nothing, write back.......

7 replies

Feb 3, 2016 6:36 AM in response to ttolua

ttolua wrote:

I,m having the same issue, however, rebooting does not work. Suggestions?

If the battery was completely drained it may take up to 30 minutes before the iPad responds. Plug it in to the charger, plug the charger into a known good wall outlet, wait 30 minutes then reset the iPad. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

IPad blank screen, no response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.