Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhoto sync both ways?

I have set up a smart folder in my OSX iPhoto for the photos I'd sync to my iPad and iPhone, using a specific keyword. I works fine.

Now, when editing a photo in iOS iPhoto, using the new great editing tools, the changed images doesn't sync back properly. Some does, others don't.

I don't get a grip on this. Shouldn't changes sync both ways?

I also miss the possibility to edit keywords i the iPad version.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2,13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 8:01 AM

Not all features of iPhoto on the Mac are supported in iPhoto for iOS. I think you are discovering this already. To get edited photos back on your computer you can export them to iTunes then sync with your computer. That should have the photos available in the file sharing section on iTunes on your Mac. Or you can export them to the camera roll and connect your iPad with your computer while running iphOto on your Mac.

Exporting to iTunes should be the better way to do it though because that keeps the file size the same as the original.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2012 8:01 AM in response to Hans Eklundh

Not all features of iPhoto on the Mac are supported in iPhoto for iOS. I think you are discovering this already. To get edited photos back on your computer you can export them to iTunes then sync with your computer. That should have the photos available in the file sharing section on iTunes on your Mac. Or you can export them to the camera roll and connect your iPad with your computer while running iphOto on your Mac.

Exporting to iTunes should be the better way to do it though because that keeps the file size the same as the original.

Does iPhoto sync both ways?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.