Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reinstall IPhoto and garageband

I have a Macbook Pro OSX Lion. Iphoto and garageband was preinstalled. When I will update it, there is a dialogue box that appears "We could not complete your purchase, product distribution file could not be verified." So I put it in the trash and went to appstore to reinstall again, but it won't. I don't have those two apps for now.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 2:31 AM

4 replies

Apr 5, 2012 5:13 AM in response to cloudynoon

The versions of iPhoto and Garageband that are currently in the APP Store are newer versions than the ones that shipped pre-installed on you computer, and so your copies could not be "updated" or "redownloaded", because you first have to Purchase these newer versions. They are not free to you. Your alternative, assuming you have a backup copy of your harddrive in Time Machine or an external harddrive, is to reinstall your previous version of these Apps from your backup copy. You did make a backup copy of your harddrive before "upgrading"?

(Note: I had to do the same thing.)

Hope this helps 🙂

Apr 9, 2012 8:58 AM in response to Radiation Mac

This is absolutely incorrect, You shouldn't be giving out the wrong information when you have no idea what's going on. If you own iPhoto you own it, updates and everything. He should be able to go view his purchases via the app store and re install that way which is what i'm sure he was doing.

Cloudynoon,

go here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2710174?answerId=16063398022#16063398022

This will explain what the problem is and walk you through fixing the issue. I just fixed my problem this way and had the same exact problem you did.

How to reinstall IPhoto and garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.