Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Directory Size Problem

I started getting error messages that I was running out of room on my hard drive which didn't seem right. I have a 500 GB drive and should have had 20-30 GB left. When doing an info on my home directory it says it is 999 GB! Booting into safe mode while holding down the Shift key the home directory then shows up correctly at about 400 GB. I've tried booting off of Disk Warrior disk and repairing the drive. I've also tried something I read about loggin in a root, draggint my filevault sparbundle file into Disk Utilty and repairing the file in there. None of these have worked. Also have used WhatSize program to try to find what the OS thinks is so big but it doesn't show any files or directories that are causing the problem.

Any ideas? The good news is I can operate failry well in Safe Mode but would like to get this figured out.

Macbook Pro

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 4:55 AM

1 reply

Home Directory Size Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.