Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PS3 to Thunderbolt (Come on Apple!)

I have seem posts from late 2011 about the inability to connect any HDMI source to my thunderbolt display. NOT MINIDISPLAY!

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue via a new converter/adapter?

I should have obviously done my homework before purchasing. I would have gone with a completely different display had I known how proprietary it is.

Thunderbolt display-OTHER

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 10:22 AM

No, it, not possible, ThunderBolt is a completly diffeent technology. You can't even connect a non Thunderbolt Mac

into the display, even though the ports are the same.

Unless you intend to get a new iMac, Mac Mini or MacBook, I'd look at selling it on, you should get a decent price back as they are often in short supply at Apple.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2012 10:22 AM in response to bgrant1063

No, it, not possible, ThunderBolt is a completly diffeent technology. You can't even connect a non Thunderbolt Mac

into the display, even though the ports are the same.

Unless you intend to get a new iMac, Mac Mini or MacBook, I'd look at selling it on, you should get a decent price back as they are often in short supply at Apple.

PS3 to Thunderbolt (Come on Apple!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.