Skip navigation

iphone disappears from itunes after wifi sync

567 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 6, 2012 10:18 AM by bdresch RSS
bdresch Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 5, 2012 10:33 AM

I've been struggeling to get wifi sync to work correctly with my iphone 4.  I have the newest version of itunes on a Windows 7 PC.  When I first open itunes it sees my iphone over wifi and syncs successfully.  A couple minutes after syncing completes, itunes loses my iphone.  My iphone still shows up under devices, but if I click on any of the tabs in the device it then brings up the dialog box searching for the phone, then it tells me it cannot find it and it disappears from devices.  If I close itunes and reopen it the iphone shows up again and syncs.  Any idea what could be causing this?

So far in my quest to make this work I have opened ports 5354 and 27015 for inbound TCP.  I have also set the Bonjour and Apple Mobile Device services to Automatic Delayed Start as mentioned in other threads. 

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.