Related Article: About the security content of Java for OS X Lion 2012-002 and Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 7

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get the flashback botnet patch for my computer?

I've been reading about the Flashback malware and wonder where the patch is that Apple is supposed to have released. I'd like to put it on my computer and can't find it in Apple Downloads....

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 12:23 PM

2 replies

Apr 5, 2012 4:49 PM in response to mddc

This stuff isn't particularly special or notable, except that it's gotten a whole lot of press, and a whole lot of coverage in the blogs and echo chambers.

The basic security practices are the same as they have been.

The Java patch is offered for download, and plugs that particular hole.

This patch does not remove the malware, if it's already been installed. As for detecting existing infestations of the malware, see this thread and this thread for some details and links to discussions.

If you have Adobe Flash Player installed, make sure that's updated to current, too.

Review your security practices, and your knowledge of what sorts of web pages and downloads and links (not) to open. Check your backups. Etc.

Where can I get the flashback botnet patch for my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.