Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I apply a desaturation filter across entire timeline?

I'm wondering how to apply a desaturation filter across the entire timeline of a short film I've built without having to drag and drop the filter into every clip (there are many). Is it as simple as copy/paste, because I tried that and it didn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 2:51 PM

A couple of ways to do it:

1. Apply the filter to one clip and adjust as needed. Copy the clip (Command c). Select (highlight) all other clips to which you want to apply the filter, right-click on one and select "Paste Attributes." When the Paste Attributes window opens, click the Filters box on the Video side.

2. Apply the filter to one clip then adjust as needed in the Viewer window's Filter tab. In the Timeline, select (highlight) all other clips to which you want to apply the filter. Drag the filter from the clip in the Viewer to the highlighted clips in the Timeline.

-DH

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2012 2:51 PM in response to Community User

A couple of ways to do it:

1. Apply the filter to one clip and adjust as needed. Copy the clip (Command c). Select (highlight) all other clips to which you want to apply the filter, right-click on one and select "Paste Attributes." When the Paste Attributes window opens, click the Filters box on the Video side.

2. Apply the filter to one clip then adjust as needed in the Viewer window's Filter tab. In the Timeline, select (highlight) all other clips to which you want to apply the filter. Drag the filter from the clip in the Viewer to the highlighted clips in the Timeline.

-DH

How do I apply a desaturation filter across entire timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.