Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi problems and Apple statement regarding such problem

For the posters that never read the news, here is what Apple has to say about the wifi issue...

Apple already said yesterday that they were investigating the wifi problems and were picking up ipads at their stores to have them check by their technical people (ship back to Apple), which you would agree know more about the subject than you or I.

You will receive a new ipad that works fine with wifi as you drop your ipad at the store. So far, Apple said that only wifi only ipads are having problems. That the 4G variety are not having wifi issues. So if you are disastified with the wifi on your new ipad, walk yourself to the store, or drive, whatever, and tell them your problem and issue resolve. No more posting here for you! (Seinfeld and the soup nazi)

Do not come back to me on this, that is what Apple said to the news.

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 1:33 PM

17 replies

Apr 5, 2012 3:34 PM in response to Alaska99801

Interesting....another issue with the new iPad that is ALSO a non-issue for me. I am just saying this because I don't want more ppl seeing a possible problem and thinking ALL new iPads have this problem. My 32g wi-fi only new iPad does NOT get 'very warm' or hot, and it has had no wi-fi connection problems whatsoever. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones!

Thank goodness.

Apr 5, 2012 3:56 PM in response to Alaska99801

My iPad3 Loose Connection to iTunes very Often. 5 Out of 10 mp3 Albums are Not on the iPad if synced by Drag and drop. Often iPad is Stuck After 15 min and iTunes Display Update Message forever. Only flightmode enable disable restart Connection. But Songs are still Stuck due to Silly iTunes functionality.

There are Other functions still Not Working (like select all in playlist edit Mode)

Apr 5, 2012 5:59 PM in response to Alaska99801

Hi,

being new to the iPad, it is interesting that it is such a great device to use, that after a week, I am willing to live for a while with the WIFI quirk, until Apple figures it out. Amazing how quickly you get attached to your device, says something about the usability of the iPad.

For WIFI, it is not a consistent issue from my perspective, I have had places where it works great (home, office, United Sydney & San Francisco airport lounge), places where it works sometimes (specific restaurant), and places it will not work (United Washington DC lounge).

In the place where the WIFI connection is inconsistent, the interesting thing is that the connection drops and I cannot reconnect. However if I power down the iPad, and then power it back on, I could connect again in this location. Just had to do it every 5-10 minutes. My iPhone had a consistent connection in all of these places.

Hope this might help someone. And to be clear, I am sure Apple will resolve this, and it is an amazing device, why on earth would you want to return it?

I have a WIFI only 32GB device,

Eduard

Apr 5, 2012 7:02 PM in response to EduardfromME

Eduard,

by reading what you said, your problem is not the ipad because you can connect well with many different wifi signals and routers. It has to be that some routers are too old even though manufacturers say that they support a,b,g,n wifi signal, -N is the one that they tune their chips for. It is the standard,

I bought a new HP laptop and tried to connect it to my in-laws b router, nothing. I called the internet provider, in this case Cox. They told me that everyone with new devices, ie computers, laptops, etc. were having problems with old b and g signals. He recommended just to go and buy a cheap -N router, I did, and it solved the HP connection problem. You can get a new -N router today for $25.00. There is no need to spend hundreds of dollars on a router today. They all pretty much work. And use the latest security with them. Don't use WEP, use WPA2-AES (personal).

That is what new computers, etc. are tuned for.

Apr 5, 2012 7:04 PM in response to Ralf70

Ralf70 wrote:

My iPad3 Loose Connection to iTunes very Often. 5 Out of 10 mp3 Albums are Not on the iPad if synced by Drag and drop. Often iPad is Stuck After 15 min and iTunes Display Update Message forever. Only flightmode enable disable restart Connection. But Songs are still Stuck due to Silly iTunes functionality.

There are Other functions still Not Working (like select all in playlist edit Mode)

What did the Apple personnel say when you took it back?

Wi-Fi problems and Apple statement regarding such problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.