Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mcafee blocking itunes secure connection the question of all time

Running into a brick wall at mcafee with this question. I have macfee total protection for my windows xp laptop. I can not make a secure connection to the store. I have tried things listed in articles here, shut down my firewall and realtime scanning, my neighbor could drive his 735il BMW through my firewall it is so open. Windows firewall is off. If I try to sync my iPhone via USB, it will not because it can not create a secure connection to the store. I am not getting any errors. All that is left is to buy a new mac laptop or remove the software. I don't really need a new computer, although this mac I am writing on is 10 years old and can't run the new iTunes. I really don't want to remove the software. So, my iPhone is now floating weightlessly around the apartment because it is alone and can not transfer anything to either of my computers. I had to sync the thing at work until they told me to remove the software. So now I am here, hoping to get the answer that has eluded everyone.

Thanks

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 3:43 PM

try this

-go to start>all programs>accessories

-right click on command prompt and choose to "run as administrator"

-in the command prompt that comes up type in without quotes "netsh winsock reset" then hit enter

-after seeing a message saying it's been successfully reset, restart your computer

if that does not work then try this article

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2012 3:43 PM in response to linus2010

try this

-go to start>all programs>accessories

-right click on command prompt and choose to "run as administrator"

-in the command prompt that comes up type in without quotes "netsh winsock reset" then hit enter

-after seeing a message saying it's been successfully reset, restart your computer

if that does not work then try this article

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123

mcafee blocking itunes secure connection the question of all time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.