Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with slide edits and "Show detailed trimming feedback"...

I'm still working through tutorials on FCPX. I'm following along in one now where the instructor is showing how to use the Trim tool in different ways. He suggested turning on "Show detailed trimming feedback" under Preferences. I did that, and it works fine with the roll, ripple, slip edits, but not the slide edit. With all but the slide edit, I get the two-up display like I'm supposed (that shows the outpoint of the preceding clip and the inpoint of the subsequent clip). However, with the slide edit, I only see the regular, full-size display in the viewer, which is showing the outpoint of the preceding clip only. I don't see the inpoint of the subsequent clip at all.

What could be causing this? I've tried to find relevant settings that could affect this, but I've had no luck.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Apr 5, 2012 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 3:46 AM

Use the Option key to initiate the slide function. Once you've begun the slide release the option key to see the two-up display. The Option key also serves to toggle off the advanced trim display. Why someone would such a function I have no idea.

5 replies

Apr 6, 2012 9:27 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Well, that did it! I was trying everything I could think of, but releasing the option key would have never occurred to me. I can't think of anything else that works that way (where you don't keep the modifier button pushed down). I'm sure there are other things, but none come to mind.

What is the advanced trim display, and why would nobody want it (I think you left the "want" out, but that seems to fit in your last sentence)?

Problem with slide edits and "Show detailed trimming feedback"...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.