Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find word or phrase in email or a web page

How do I find a word or a phrase in a email or web page?

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 3:13 AM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2012 3:56 AM in response to Raghuram sharma

Here is an extract from Ch 5 of the iPad User Guide regarding searching emails -

Searching mail You can search the To, From, Subject and body text of email messages. Mail searches the downloaded messages in the current mailbox. For iCloud, Exchange, and some IMAP mail accounts, you can also search messages on the server.

Search email messages: Open a mailbox, scroll to the top, and enter text in the Search field. Tap From, To, Subject, or All to choose which fields you want to search. If your mail account supports it, messages on the server are also searched.

Mail messages can also be included in searches from the Home screen. See “Searching” on page 32.

As for the web page, this will vary from site to site. There may be a search box such as in Wikipedia or if you a searching a PDF therein you could open it in a programme such as iBooks, Goodreader etc and search within that app.

How do I find word or phrase in email or a web page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.