Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i find out what my SIM code is?

How do I figure out what my SIM code is? I havent ever used a SIM code before, and when I guessed wronge it asked me for my PUK code. I dont know what that is either.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 8:11 AM

Do you mean a SIM PIN number? That is something you yourself set in the iPhone settings (Settings- Phone-SIM PIN) - a SIM card does not have a PIN by default.

The PUK code is something you would need if you incorrectly entered the SIM PIN (if setup to have one by you) incorrectly 3 times in a row. Only your carrier can tell you what the PUK code is.

P.S. if you try to guess the PUK and get it wrong enough times (I think it may be ten tries or something) you will permanently disable your SIM.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2012 8:11 AM in response to perris_96

Do you mean a SIM PIN number? That is something you yourself set in the iPhone settings (Settings- Phone-SIM PIN) - a SIM card does not have a PIN by default.

The PUK code is something you would need if you incorrectly entered the SIM PIN (if setup to have one by you) incorrectly 3 times in a row. Only your carrier can tell you what the PUK code is.

P.S. if you try to guess the PUK and get it wrong enough times (I think it may be ten tries or something) you will permanently disable your SIM.

how do i find out what my SIM code is?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.