Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1080P and Ipad 3

I am really happy with my new AppleTV and new Ipad. FINALY 1080p50, full hd!

Only.....what uses are these options if Imovie, Finalcutpro X and Itunes ONLY support appletv and Ipad from the second generation when you use share?

End the end result is 720P again?

Anybody from apple reading this?

Hope for a solution.

mac pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 8:36 AM

9 replies

Apr 6, 2012 9:16 AM in response to peppespizza

I think you might have a setting that needs changing somewhere. I've just checked on our TV and movies in the iTunes Library, sent there from FCPX as "Mac & PC" are definitely playing in 1080P.

The common link is iTunes.... have you checked the preference for "preferred video plaback" in the playback bit is set to 1080p? I had to manually change mine from 720p when I installed the update.

Apr 6, 2012 11:02 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

oke, will try to explain again....WHAT is the use of a 1080P50 apple tv andd ipad when you cant get your 1080P50 material in it??

You can get your material from FCPX onto your TV through ATV3 in 1080p. You can get 1080p from FCPX onto your new iPad using home sharing in iTunes.

ATV3 and the new iPad came out after FCPX and that is probably why the option is still for ATV2 at the moment, so just ignore it and use Mac&PC or do what Tom suggested.

1080P and Ipad 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.