Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where Does the iCal Calendars Folder Belong?

In the process of housekeeping my MBP 5,1 I found an "iCal Calendars" folder inside the Documents folder: Home > Documents > Archived Items > iCal Calendars > the list of .ics calendars such as Birthdays, US Holidays and Google Calendars etc.

I'm guessing the iCal Calendars folder should be in Home > Library > Calendars but want to ask before moving it there.

I can only guess as to how it got there as Get Info says it was Created March 21 2012 - during a reinstall in place of OS 10.6.8 (I think).

Thanks, Roger

MacBook Pro 2.53Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8 GB Ram

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 11:32 AM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2012 12:00 PM in response to mrrogerz

Greetings Roger,

That sounds like a backup file you made.

If you open the iCal program and you see the calendars you want, there is no need to keep this backup copy. Leave it where it is and ignore it or discard it at your discretion.

iCal stores its actively used calendars in Home > Library > Calendars but you should make no changes to this folder if everything in iCal looks as you wish.

Hope that helps!

Where Does the iCal Calendars Folder Belong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.