Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see what groups a contact is in?

In my address book...how do I see all the groups a contact is in?

MacBook Air, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 12:29 PM

7 replies

Apr 6, 2012 2:02 PM in response to captfred

This was what i had in my notes but it does not work for me. I remember it worked a while ago but I am not sure if that was before I installed Lion. Do you know if it works the same way with Lion? I spoke to Apple Care and they said that there is no way to do this. I also checked to make sure the "mouse keys"...hitting Option five times....was unchecked and it is. Any other thoughts?

Mar 22, 2013 11:30 AM in response to captfred

HI,

Great, it works!. However, I have one additional doubt/issue. I use to have ALL my contacts assigned to a group (1760 contacts, 9 groups). Since I am adding new contacts "on the go" using my iPhone, there is no way to assign the new comers to a group using the iPhone, so I have to wait till I get my iMac at the of the day or the week. The question is easy: how do I know which contacts are not assiged? (other than going through the entire list pressing the Option key, of course)

Thanks!

How do I see what groups a contact is in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.