Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Service, Need to Restart

Hi Friends,

I'm using 4s (ios 5.1) and having a problem of signal detecting to my phone. this is the story.

when i switch on the phone, normally detecting the mobile network automatically and working fine. sometimes, i'm experincing a poor coverage which resulting a 0 signal strength. Phone indicatng " No Service" and not detecting signals once it detect themobile network again. so i need to restart my phone everytime to regain the mobile network operator. i've tried by changing my network selection from automatic to manual and other way but not got any positive result.

this is a headace to me since i need to restart my phone 2-3 times per day. signal drop issue is not a phone problem as per my knowlege, but not detecting the network again in "auto" or even in "manual" network selection mode is a big phone problem.

is there any way to rectify this issue ? is there any way to detect signal without restating my phone ?

thank you

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1, Factory Unlocked

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 1:16 PM

5 replies

Sep 15, 2012 8:45 AM in response to magnet1234

thanks for your reply. but i think this is a phone problem. when signal drops to Zero and back to normal level, it should be picked by the phone (as like all other phone brands). but my iphone 4s not picking signal once it drops to zero. indicating "No Service" and need to restart. when i select "Airplane mode" on and off, phone tring to find out the nextwork but not picking. working fine after restarting. but i cant restart my phone like this. i have a other band phone as well. its picking signal from same network when i phone indicating "no service". hope you can understand my problem much clearly now.

ios up to date 5.1.1

No Service, Need to Restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.