Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE Medical

Hello I'm a longtime Apple user and Think it's time Apple got involved in developing medical technology , Imagine Apple creates a device/computer which can function as a laboratory with built in Ultra sound , biochemistry and haematology functions and imagine if this device is portable can be taken anywhere in the world and can help diagnose , eventually with DNA sequencing ability .i would love some feedback on this idea .

Medical-OTHER

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 5:15 PM

10 replies

Apr 7, 2012 5:27 AM in response to Orangecomputers

Apple's focus has always been on personal use computers - they certainly haven't given mainstream business the priority emphasis that Microsoft has. For them to develop highly specialized technology like this would be a radical departure from their business plan, one that even they (with their billions in cash) can not do easily. There are a number of companies that specialize in developing high end medical technology, and I suggest you pass your suggestions onto one of them.

Apr 7, 2012 6:10 AM in response to PogoPossum

Thanks for your reply but I still think Apple should do it themselves and I believe they are more than capable of doing it themselves what medical technology needs is innovation and apple is full of innovators . Also what apple needsis a radical departure to do something quite different and to benefit mankind , ppl in China sell their kidneys for iPads why not apple built dialysis machines .

Apr 7, 2012 10:07 AM in response to Orangecomputers

They could do whatever they want... they could invest in a number of different technologies. But posting on this forum, which is a technical support forum for users with questions about how to use Apple devices that currently exist, won't do much good, as nobody here is in a postion to make any decisions for Apple or recommendations to them. If you have a direct connection to the senior executives or board members at Apple, you might want to suggest it to them, as they are the only ones who would have the ability to make such a major decision. Otherwise posting on this forum will do nothing to get Apple moving in the direction you want. And to be honest, ti is against the terms and conditions of this forum (which include not allowing speculation on future Apple products).

If you just want a general discussion on the direction you think Apple should take in the future, I suggest you visit the forums at macrumors.com or 9to5mac.com... but again, posting these questions there will not make any impact on Apple's future directions.

APPLE Medical

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.