Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicates on iPhone from laptop: NOT using iCloud

I have read and tried nearly every iteration I can to get these off of my phone. I have to say, I am beyond furious at how assinine this process is of simply SYNCING very basic simple information.

I am NOT using iCloud. I am NOT using Mobile Me, Google, Gmail, Entorage or anything else.

Simply using my Macbook Pro, OSX 10.6.8, i Cal, an iPhone, and an iPad....and I am beyond iNoyed.

I had purchased an iPad, and synced the info to it. Days later, I have entered dates on the phone, and synced it with the mac laptop.

Then I had triplicate event entries on computer.

I found a program that deleted them all, which saved me hours of, well, dealing with the hours of this utter nonsense.

Then tried to delete and re-sybc the calendars on the phone, but to no avail. Duplicate over and over.

I have deleted all calendars on every device.

Turned off all wifi on all devices.

Attached the phone with the cable and removed calendars.

Attached iPad with the cable and removed calendars.

Then, synced the phone and instructed it to "replace calendars on iPhone". I have duplicates back.

Did the same on the iPad, and have all the triplicates back as well.

However, as I look at my **** calendar on teh laptop, everything looks just fine.

Anyone at Apple reading this....get your head out of you a** and learn how to properly program electronic devices to SYNC properly.....like, oh Palm which had done it for decades. You seem to be able to create programs like Aperture, but you can't make a simple and trust worthy syncing program with iTunes? Really?

Anyone else out there with any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 7:48 PM

Never mind. After another hour of reading 50 more entries, I found this, and it solved my issues.

rosencrantz

I had the same problem (running snow leopard 10.6.3 on Macbook Air). Events i created on non-shared, non-synced calendars could not be deleted or if they could they'd pop up again in seconds. And send me email reminders every 10 mins. VERY ANNOYING.

Tried many things but what finally worked for me is:
Open isync.
go to prefs.
uncheck "Enable syncing on this computer" (it may take a while for this to go from grey to black and let you uncheck it)
click "reset sync history"
go to ical. delete events.
click "reset sync history" again.
RESTART. This is the part that made the whole thing stick.

good luck

macbook air, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2012 7:48 PM in response to amtpict

Never mind. After another hour of reading 50 more entries, I found this, and it solved my issues.

rosencrantz

I had the same problem (running snow leopard 10.6.3 on Macbook Air). Events i created on non-shared, non-synced calendars could not be deleted or if they could they'd pop up again in seconds. And send me email reminders every 10 mins. VERY ANNOYING.

Tried many things but what finally worked for me is:
Open isync.
go to prefs.
uncheck "Enable syncing on this computer" (it may take a while for this to go from grey to black and let you uncheck it)
click "reset sync history"
go to ical. delete events.
click "reset sync history" again.
RESTART. This is the part that made the whole thing stick.

good luck

macbook air, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Duplicates on iPhone from laptop: NOT using iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.