Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks Author Mathtype equations

Hi... I can't seem to get Mathtype to work properly with iBooks Author. When I go to inset equation a placeholder appears, double clicking opens Mathtype then the equation I type won't appear? When I manually copy & paste, the inline equation is higher than the body text - not cool!

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 8:05 PM

8 replies

Apr 10, 2012 3:16 AM in response to Mr.MathType

Sorry, but i beg to differ! I have tried but unfortunately Mathtype does work nicely for me. When I paste straight from MathType the equation is massive, then when I resize it is not aligned to the text. The insert command does not work at all.

I have MathType 6 and OS10.7.3

Any ideas why I am having this problem?

User uploaded file

PS Same thing happens when I paste into Pages, but Word 2011 works fine??

Apr 10, 2012 4:11 AM in response to Greg Port

You didn't mention your version of MathType in your initial post. That's exactly the issue -- to use MathType with either Pages or iBooks Author under Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) or Lion (OS X 10.7) requires MathType 6.7 or later (6.7d is current). This article explains why: http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mathtype/tsn/tsn130.htm. (The article mentions only Snow Leopard, but applies equally to Lion.)

iBooks Author Mathtype equations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.