I got a new TIme Warner cable modem yesterday and since then my Airport Extreme does not work properly.
Time Warner see it at their end but told me that it blocks the signal from the modem to the computer.
However after much fiddling around with it I managed to get it working again with my computer.
So now I have wireless internet on my computer, but although the router is recognized by my ipad and my phone it won't connect them to the internet.
I restarted all devices multiple times and I even reset the entire network.
What is going on?
Also, I'm using an old Airport Extreme (the round one) that Apple no longer supports, however I also have a newer square version, but my computer doesn't recognize it at all. What gives?
Anytime you change ISPs or networking hardware, you should perform a complete power recycle of all of your networking gear. Please try the following:
- Power-down the Time Warner modem, AirPort Extreme Base Station (AEBS), and computer(s).
- While all of the devices are still powered down, verify that the Ethernet cable coming from the modem is connected to the WAN (circle of dots) port on the AEBS.
- Perform a "factory default" reset on the AEBS. After the reset has completed power-down the AEBS.
- Power-up the modem; wait at least 10-15 minutes to allow it enough time to initialize.
- Power-up the AEBS; wait at least 5-10 minutes to allow it enough time to initialize. (Note: Because you performed a reset, the AEBS' status light may continue to flash amber. This is typically ok as it is telling you that some additional configuration steps, like enabling wireless security, will still be needed.)
- Power-up your computer(s).
All network clients should now be able to access the Internet through the AEBS connected either by wire or wireless. Please post back your results.