Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule/Wi-Fi MB276LL/A shuts off?

Twice this week, my TC has somehow turned itself off. The green light goes dark. Plug is firmly connected. Each time it happens, I have unplugged the power and plugged it back in. The TC light comes on amber, then blinking amber, then green. Anybody know why this has started happening?

Thanks

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1), MBA 11" 1.8 GHZ, 4 GB, 251 GB Flash

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 1:44 PM

Your Gen1 TC power supply is dying.

It is being very gracious to you.. like the drowning person it bobs to the surface a few times.. to shout help.. help!! Are you listening?

Soon .. very soon.. it will go under.. I strongly recommend you copy off all files you might actually want. If just backups. probably don't worry but any files you stored there.. are about to be lost.

Apple do not repair and it is out of warranty so will not replace.

If you want it fixed it can be.. by a repairer..

http://sites.google.com/site/lapastenague/a-deconstruction-of-routers-and-modems /apple-time-capsule-repairers

Or you can do it yourself if you have some basic soldering skills.

The instructions are there on the site.

A new one is $300 odd.. and a lot better in terms of disk size and wireless. But is probably about equal reliability.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2012 1:44 PM in response to tom4jax

Your Gen1 TC power supply is dying.

It is being very gracious to you.. like the drowning person it bobs to the surface a few times.. to shout help.. help!! Are you listening?

Soon .. very soon.. it will go under.. I strongly recommend you copy off all files you might actually want. If just backups. probably don't worry but any files you stored there.. are about to be lost.

Apple do not repair and it is out of warranty so will not replace.

If you want it fixed it can be.. by a repairer..

http://sites.google.com/site/lapastenague/a-deconstruction-of-routers-and-modems /apple-time-capsule-repairers

Or you can do it yourself if you have some basic soldering skills.

The instructions are there on the site.

A new one is $300 odd.. and a lot better in terms of disk size and wireless. But is probably about equal reliability.

Time Capsule/Wi-Fi MB276LL/A shuts off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.