Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes crashes on Windows 7 with Iphone 3G version 4.2.1

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with a solution to my itunes crashing during every syncing process. I have tried so many things like deauthorizing and reauthorizing, deleting and reinstalling itunes and related components. I have even tried a windows reboot. Unfortunately, none of these have worked so far I have though about restore the phone's settings, but I don't know the repercussions of that, and it is not allowing me to backup without crashing. Can someone please help me in rectifying this problem????????????

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 9:48 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2012 11:17 AM in response to Annoyediphoneuse

Try this one and see if it helps:

Close your iTunes,

Go to command Prompt -

(Win 7/Vista) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".

(Win XP SP2 & above) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/Command Prompt

In the "Command Prompt" screen, type in

netsh winsock reset

Hit "ENTER" key

Restart your computer.

If you do get a prompt after restart windows to remap LSP, just click NO.

Now launch your iTunes, Sync and see if it is working now.

If you are still having these type of problems after trying the winsock reset, refer to this article to identify which software in your system is inserting LSP:

iTunes 10.5 for Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123?viewlocale=en_US

Itunes crashes on Windows 7 with Iphone 3G version 4.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.