Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 5.1 broke Outlook 2003 Calendar Sync

I am having trouble syncing my iPad 2 calendar with Outlook 2003 calendar through iTunes on my PC.

This worked perfectly when I got my iPad 2 but all of a sudden I’ve seen a strange problem. I can sync contacts and most of the calendar items just fine. But recently I found that any NEW or CHANGED appointments I add to my Outlook calendar won’t show up after syncing to my iPad. Conversely, new items I add to my iPad calendar don’t sync to Outlook after sync.

I have gone through my calendar appointment by appointment and found that any entry or change made after early March DOES NOT show up on my iPad calendar and vice versa.

This exactly coincided to the release of iOS 5.1. So it seems clear that something in iOS 5.1 broke the sync for new or changed appointments between my Outlook 2003 and the iPad calendar using iTunes.

I tried to reset my iPad back to the original setting, but it forced me to upgrade to iOS 5.1 again as a part of the restore process. So I can’t test this.

I guess I am stuck manually putting appointments in two places (what a great convenience, thanks Apple!) until Apple finally gets around to looking into this and fixing it unless someone has a solution for this problem.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 9:21 AM

1 reply

iOS 5.1 broke Outlook 2003 Calendar Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.