Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How will the computer behave if I move the Home icon to a webpage?

Pretty much what the title says.

I was moving the icon across the screen when I accidentally released the button and saw the icon slowly dissapear onto a web page.

Very unpleasant, I tell you.

Now, since I'm guessing this can only happen to me, are there anyone who would elaborate on what actually just happened? Is my computer about to start uploading it's contents onto a server or not?

I thank you in advance if you'd be kind enough to keep the laughter at a minimum. 🙂

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 1:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2012 8:08 PM in response to NeuroWhat

Do you mean you removed your home folder from the sidebar?

If so, you can put it back by opening the /Users folder and dragging your home folder to the Sidebar, or you can open Finder preferences, Sidebar, and re-check your home folder.

When you drag something out of the Dock or the Sidebar, it will disappear with a Poof cloud. The items in the Dock and the Sidebar are just aliases to the originals, so nothing gets deleted when you do what you did, it just removes the alias.

How will the computer behave if I move the Home icon to a webpage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.