Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text cut in half

In day view, the left hand pane, containing a list of events has the names cut in half (horizontally). The font seems too big or something but I have unable to find a way of changing it.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3), iCal version 5.02

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 5:34 PM

Mark,

Use "Find and resolve duplicate fonts" in Mac 101: Font Book.

Also, quit iCal, and try removing the com.apple.iCal.plist file from your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. Use the Finder>Go Menu>Depress the "Option" key>Library. Drag the .plist file to your desktop, and log out/in or restart and check iCal for functionality.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2012 5:34 PM in response to Mark Lohrey1

Mark,

Use "Find and resolve duplicate fonts" in Mac 101: Font Book.

Also, quit iCal, and try removing the com.apple.iCal.plist file from your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder. Use the Finder>Go Menu>Depress the "Option" key>Library. Drag the .plist file to your desktop, and log out/in or restart and check iCal for functionality.

Apr 7, 2012 7:36 PM in response to Ferd II

Thanks Ferd.

This helped put me on the correct track. I use font explorer to enable fonts and after disabling all but the system fonts the issue went away.

Now I will just have to find the conflict.

Thanks for the tip to use font book and although I couldn't find "Find and resolve duplicate fonts" I was able to use "Look for enabled duplicates".

Cheers

Mark

Text cut in half

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.