Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I video on iChat, the other person cannot see me but I can see them. My computer says that it recognizes the iSight camera and the camera is enabled. Please help!!

I have a unique problem. When I videochat using iChat, I can see the other person but they cannot see me and I cannot see myself. My computer says that it recognizes the iSight camera and that the camera is enabled. Please help!!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 5:36 PM

3 replies

Apr 8, 2012 1:11 PM in response to RWeiner126

Hi,

Your specs say OS X 10.5.8 which would mean iChat 4

So if you click your own Green Video icon at the top of the Buddy list you do not get to see a Preview ?

If you go to iChat Menu > Preference > Video Section you also do not see a Preview ?

In that case go to the Video Menu (It may be called Audio) and see that the line that says "Camera Enabled" is ticked.

If it is Unticked the camera is Off.

If you or your Buddies (In general) do not have green Video icon go to the View Menu in iChat and tick the "Show VIdeo Status" item.

If this is an external iSight does it work in other apps ?

User uploaded file
9:11 PM Sunday; April 8, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.3)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Apr 9, 2012 11:37 AM in response to RWeiner126

HI,

And in other apps ?

I would also try a PRAM reset.

Shut down the computer.

Restart it holding down Apple/CMD ( or ⌘)+ALT( ⌥)+P+R Keys until you have heard three Start Up Bongs.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file
7:37 PM Monday; April 9, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.3)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

When I video on iChat, the other person cannot see me but I can see them. My computer says that it recognizes the iSight camera and the camera is enabled. Please help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.