Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are Edit and Smileys?

I am using my iPad (3) and do not see the Edit or Smiley buttons on the bottom of the window.

Is this normal?

MacBook Pro (17-inch 2.4 GHz), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Homebrew 3GHz ASUS PC, Abacus, Sliderule, HP-50

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 6:08 PM

Yes - if you are using Safari on this website - that is normal. Safari is not the ideal browser to use on the ASC site. I use iCab Mobile identified as Firefor 4.0 for Mac and it has all of the editing features that desktop Safari has.

I love Apple's iDevices and the Macs, but Safari chews IMO - as a web browser. There are so many better browsers - desktop and moblile - than Safari.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2012 6:08 PM in response to nerowolfe

Yes - if you are using Safari on this website - that is normal. Safari is not the ideal browser to use on the ASC site. I use iCab Mobile identified as Firefor 4.0 for Mac and it has all of the editing features that desktop Safari has.

I love Apple's iDevices and the Macs, but Safari chews IMO - as a web browser. There are so many better browsers - desktop and moblile - than Safari.

Apr 7, 2012 6:38 PM in response to nerowolfe

One would think so, but Jive Software (I think) developed this website for Apple so you think that Apple would have requested that their very own browser work well on the iPad on their own ASC discussion forums. however, that is not the case.

Mercury, iCab and Dolphin will all let you edit, from what I can remember. Actually, I think I had problems even posting with Opera. I have tried so many browsers, it makes my head spin. I finally found a winner with iCab Mobile.

Where are Edit and Smileys?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.