Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages save function not working/ "permission denied"

Using a Macbook Pro and Lion, suddenly unable to save Pages files. Tried verifying and repairing permissions, restarting program and laptop,

tested various kinds of files, all say permission denied. unable to save changes also. Useless unless I can save my work. Grateful for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3), Pages worked fine for two years

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 10:18 PM

Probably trying to save in a directory the app thinks you don't have permissions to write. Quickest way to salvage your work is sticking a USB Flash stick and saving there. Once you have repaired permissions and verified you can write to your home folder, you will have to quit Pages and log out for any changes to "take"

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2012 10:18 PM in response to mauisunshine

Probably trying to save in a directory the app thinks you don't have permissions to write. Quickest way to salvage your work is sticking a USB Flash stick and saving there. Once you have repaired permissions and verified you can write to your home folder, you will have to quit Pages and log out for any changes to "take"

Apr 7, 2012 10:54 PM in response to Courcoul

Thanks. I already verified and repaired permissions to no avail then discovered Pages was trying to save to Mac HD. When I changed destination of where to save file to desktop or documents, it allowed me to save a test file and then I succesfully saved my real file. Maybe the save to destination was accidentally changed by me recently leading to this issue.

Pages save function not working/ "permission denied"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.