Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code -50, help!

Hey All! When I try to export my iMovie file, I get the message "The project could not be prepared for publishing because an error occurred. (Error code = -50)." Any suggestions? I've tried exporting it using different formats with no luck.

iMovie '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 7, 2012 10:29 PM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2012 9:28 AM in response to lilruny

i have had the same problem. It turns out that one of the movies or mp3's that i'd used in the project had been imported from an external drive. I forgot that i'd used a song from a datastick. As imovie couldn't locate all the files when trying to export, it wouldn't share. I tried to re-conect the external drive and try again, but imovie had already rejected the clip as 'unable to find' which rendered the whole project unusable. So, in a nutshell, i had to start again, this time making sure all my project files where in one folder on my hard drive. Probably not the answer you'd want, so sorry

Error code -50, help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.