Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal 4.0.4 is there a recurring to do option?

iMac Mac OSX 10.6.8 and iCal 4.0.4

Is there a way to designated a to do item as a recurring option? For example, I have to file quarterly taxes, a to do not an event, but I don't see any way to get it to recur quarterly unless I enter it manually.

Thank you.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 9:42 AM

6 replies

Apr 9, 2012 2:01 AM in response to pat1949

From iCal Help:

To change how often an event occurs:

1. Double-click the event. If necessary, click Edit to open the event editor.
  2. Choose how often you want the event to occur from the “repeat” pop-up menu.To make more specific choices (for example, to have the event appear only every third week of the month), choose Custom from the “repeat” pop-up menu.
  3. From the “end” pop-up menu, choose whether you want the event to stop appearing after a number of times or after a specific date.

Apr 9, 2012 5:41 AM in response to pat1949

pat1949 wrote:

What I can't figure out is creating a recurring TO DO.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. No, there is no such feature. Can't you use a recurring event as a to do?

Alternatively, you could script it, or use Automator. In Automator, create an iCal alarm workflow which creates a new To Do. Then set up a recurring event which calls the workflow. Thus you'll have a new To Do created automatically.

Apr 10, 2012 8:56 AM in response to fane_j

Here's what I discovered that I believe is going to solve both 1) my synching to my iPhone 4s iCal and 2) recurring event. It was as easy as I could figure out.

In Entourage 2008 Preferences there is a SYNCH SERVICES option. It includes, Synchronize events and tasks (those to dos!) with iCal and MobileMe.

I researched MobileMe and it looks like it is being discontinued so that was the end of that.

But now, even without opening iCal, when I add an event or task in Entourage it automatically goes to iCal and then, after a Synch, I see my iPhone.

Mission accomplished! Thanks.

iCal 4.0.4 is there a recurring to do option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.