Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Remote application only finds some files?

I just last night decided it would be convenient to download the Apple Remote application for my iPhone 4S so I could control my movies/music/etc. without having to run back and forth to the computer (Windows Vista). The interface controls work fine, so that's one thing I'm happy about, but I realized this morning that the app is only displaying 4 out of roughly 200 video files. I've looked through my library since, attempting to find out why it would recognize these 4 files over any of the others, and haven't found a single clue. I've checked all the file information and formats to see if anything was different or checked/unchecked, and there really is no difference between 3 of the 4, and everything else in my library. I also have roughly 13gb worth of music in my library as well, but since I just realized the app was being so selective, I haven't really checked to see if some music is missing as well.

I'm not exactly sure how quick I'll see a response to this, but any help is appreciated. It's not a Home Sharing issue or a Wi-Fi issue because the app controls iTunes just fine, and plays what it DOES recognize without any problems. I just can't figure out what the issue is, and haven't seen any other discussion topics of this nature.

An early thank you for all the help!

iPhone 4S, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 9:45 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes Remote application only finds some files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.