Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my app store icon on my ipad

I lost the app store icon on my iPad

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 9:51 AM

10 replies

Sep 1, 2017 6:56 AM in response to ScrewIphone

Update our phones now and give me my stuff back! You guys deleted 4 of my apps!!!

You already know that we are are just fellow users, not iTunes Support nor Apple - nobody on here has deleted any apps from your phone, now can we update your phone for you.

If you haven't got Restrictions enabled have you got a profile installed on the phone that is hiding the App Store app ?

Apr 8, 2012 10:01 AM in response to Eileenprieto

Go to Settings>General>Restrictions. If you have restrictions turned on - you may have disabled buying apps. Turn it off and the icon will come back onto the iPad.

If that was not the problem - start swiping from screen to screen and look for it - look in all folders as well.

You can also reset the home screen layout and the icon will reappear - but the home screen will return to the way that it looked when you first activated your iPad. All folders will be gone if you set up folders on the home screen.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout.

I lost my app store icon on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.