Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop iSync Alert in Lion

How do I stop iSync alert in Lion? I keep getting a pop-up notificaiton that is titled iSync Alert. The message says "Syncing with Google contacts will change more than 25% of your contacts or groups on this computer." The only option I have are to "Show Details," "Sync Later," and "Sync Contacts." I don't get an option to "Do not sync."

I see in other forums to use iSync to turn off this notification but Lion did away with iSync. With iSync gone. How to I stop this notification? Thank you.

iMac

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 2:39 PM

Try turning off Google contact syncing in Address Book > Preferences > Accounts

4 replies

Apr 20, 2012 2:25 PM in response to Cryslex

Turning off the Sync of Google contacts isn't a solution. It only stops the nag because it NO LONGER SYNCS. That's not a solution. I want it to sync with Google. I want to allow that to happen without warnings about the changes. Before Apple killed iSync in Lion, you could set it to nag you for any change, or more than 25% of the contacts changes or several other options I can't recall. Now that Google contacts will let you restore back 30 days, I no longer worry about confirming the changes when syncing address book. Now I'd just like to sync everything without a nag.

Before, I had the nag setup to warn me about all changes because if my Google contacts got screwed up, my Address book would still have the contacts. Again, with the ability to back up at google, I just want the nag removed.

How does one change the sync preferences for notifications of changes without iSync? help!!!!

How do I stop iSync Alert in Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.