3 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2014 8:26 PM by tddzdm
firemandan900 Level 4 Level 4 (2,505 points)

Just installed Aperture looked around and before I knew what was going on Aperture went on its merry business trying to upload over 40 GB worth of pictures (many not even recent). I caught it after only a few HUNDRED images were clogged up in my photo stream.

Even if I disable automatic upload it still seems to want to finish the upload of the whole library it started, how do I fix this?

How do I get all these pictures from the early 2000s that were on my Mac out of my photo stream?

Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2009, iMac 27", Mac OS X (10.6.4), Ipod Nano(1,2,3,4,5), Mini(1,2), Shuffle(1), and Touch(1,2,3)
  • léonie Level 9 Level 9 (79,530 points)

Photo Stream can only hold 1000 most recently added pictures, so it will not upload your whole library, unless these are less than 1000 images.

Even if I disable automatic upload it still seems to want to finish the upload of the whole library it started, how do I fix this?

This is unusual - disabling automatic upload should stop it. Try to open the "Activity" Viewer -

Window -> Show Activity

Here you can delete pending processes.

How do I get all these pictures from the early 2000s that were on my Mac out of my photo stream?

They will vanish on their own, after adding further 1000 images

You can delete them from the Photo Stream by selecting the "Photos Stream" in Aperture, then selecting the images you added, ctrl-click the selection and choose "Delete from Photo Stream" from the pop-up menu.

If you sync other devices with Photo Stream you may need to repeat this procedure on the other devices.

Regards

Léonie

• shammyd Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

The photosstream upload REALLY bugs me.  I connect my camera, anxious tow ork on some new pics, and then it hangs for pretty much forever with "updating kphotostream".  You can stop this process by bringing up the activity monitor and choosing Photostream, and then Stop Activity.  But this is hardly a good solution!

• tddzdm Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I have the same problem.  However, I have unselected the automatic upload and have attempted to cancel the task of uploading the photos.

It does not stop uploading.  I have stopped Aperture and restarted the program.  I have also shut down and restarted my computer.

I am very frustrated right now because this upload is eating up all my bandwidth.  I have a relatively slow internet connection at my work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2014-05-06 at 4.02.26 PM.png