Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove my unpaid purchases in iTunes?

I have just got my new Mac. I logged in to my iTunes account to try out the App Store when I saw this message below.

"The billing of a previous purchase has failed because your payment card was declined. Please provide valid payment card information and click Done to pay your outstanding balance and continue using the store. Your account has been accessed from a new computer or device, and you must verify your payment information before you can make purchase. Learn more about account security."

I saw the applications I bought. Those are iOS applications and I have never had iPhone or iPad.

Is there any way to delete my purchases?

Thanks

Balint.

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 3:29 PM

Contact iTunes support.

9 replies

Apr 10, 2012 4:49 PM in response to roaminggnome

The answer of the costumer service. Thanks! My problem has fully resolved.

My understanding is that you you have unpaid orders on your previous purchased. Unfortunately, the iTunes Store has been unable to verify an authorization from your financial institution and has not received payment for order 000000000. As soon as this order is paid for, you'll be able to resume purchasing with your iTunes Store account and App store.

Not being able to verify an authorization is a sign that something needs to be addressed by the issuer of the card. You will need to contact your financial institution to determine the specific cause of the card being rejected.

When contacting your financial institution, ask to speak with the fraud/security department. The representative will need to thoroughly review your account until they locate and resolve what is causing the issue. If there are holds on your account, those will need to be removed. Please note that your financial institution can also choose to bypass the authorization process.

Once your financial institution has resolved the issue, you should be able to pay for the order 000000000 and resume purchasing. If you are not able to resolve the authorization issue with your financial institution, I recommend trying to add a new credit card or redeeming enough store credit to pay the balance in full.

To change your account or payment information, follow the instructions in this article:

iTunes Store: Changing Account Information

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1918

Be sure your billing address is exactly the same as the address on your credit card statement. Differences in punctuation, abbreviation, and capitalization can cause payment errors that might prevent you from using the iTunes Store.

When you update your billing information, the iTunes Store places an authorization hold on your credit card to verify your account information. This is not an actual charge; it is simply a test to confirm that your credit card account is active and has credit available to accommodate transactions.

Your financial institution will remove the authorization hold automatically. The amount of time it takes to remove authorization holds varies by financial institution. If you have any questions about the way your financial institution handles authorization holds/requests, please contact their customer-service department.

You can also redeem store credit to pay for the iTunes Store balance. This article explains how to purchase and redeem iTunes gifts:

iTunes Gift Options

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2736

After you redeem the gift, the unpaid balance will be deducted from the store credit balance.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you have difficulty paying the balance, please let me know. I will be happy to assist you further.

How can I remove my unpaid purchases in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.