Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen is white, voice control won't turn off and can't unlock screen

My son was playing with his iPod Touch (4th generation I think - purchased June 2011) and he accidentally hit the home button 3 times and now the screen is white, voice control won't turn off and we can't unlock the screen because it won't accept the passcode. I have tried to do a hard reset several times now (holding the home and wake/sleep key until screen goes black, and then Apple logo appears). After the Apple logo appears in white with a black screen, the screen goes to the reverse (white with black Apple logo) and then voice control prompts me for a passcode. I've tried saying the password as well as entering it and it knows I've typed the correct numbers but it still won't unlock.

Is there a way to completely reset the iPod Touch when the screen is locked?

He doesn't know what else he's done to his Touch other than hitting the home buttons 3 times.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

K

iPod touch, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 3:36 PM

You can turn of VoiveOver by:

iPad: Configuring accessibility features (including VoiceOver and Zoom)

The reverss color also indicates that the accessabilty white on black is turned on. Also turn that off.

You can also restore the iPod from backup provided that the iPod has not been backed up since the settings were change. Make sure that autosyncing is turned off otherwis when yu connect the iPod to the comuter iTunes will make a backup that will overwrite the previous backup. To turn off go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices and check the box that says "Prevent iPOds...syncing".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2012 3:36 PM in response to karentam6600000

You can turn of VoiveOver by:

iPad: Configuring accessibility features (including VoiceOver and Zoom)

The reverss color also indicates that the accessabilty white on black is turned on. Also turn that off.

You can also restore the iPod from backup provided that the iPod has not been backed up since the settings were change. Make sure that autosyncing is turned off otherwis when yu connect the iPod to the comuter iTunes will make a backup that will overwrite the previous backup. To turn off go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices and check the box that says "Prevent iPOds...syncing".

screen is white, voice control won't turn off and can't unlock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.