Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad doesn't respond when I touch the screen so now when I turn it on from sleep mode its stuck on the lock screen what do I do?

i live in MA and i went to NH for the weekend and it wont work.it wont respond to when i touch it or anything!

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 8:24 PM

Sticky271-

Try resetting (rebooting) your iPad. Hold both the Home and Sleep buttons for several seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" arrow. The iPad will restart after a couple of minutes. Resetting this way will not hurt anything, and sometimes clears up mysterious problems.

If this does not help, you can also try restoring from your backup in iTunes.

Depending on how long you have had your iPad 2, its warranty may still be in effect. I suggest you show it to an Apple Store Genius. If the Genius can not fix it, you may get a replacement iPad.

If there is no Apple Store near you, look for an Apple Authorized Repair Center. There may be one in your city. <Apple Authorized Repair Centers>

Fred

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2012 8:24 PM in response to sticky271

Sticky271-

Try resetting (rebooting) your iPad. Hold both the Home and Sleep buttons for several seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" arrow. The iPad will restart after a couple of minutes. Resetting this way will not hurt anything, and sometimes clears up mysterious problems.

If this does not help, you can also try restoring from your backup in iTunes.

Depending on how long you have had your iPad 2, its warranty may still be in effect. I suggest you show it to an Apple Store Genius. If the Genius can not fix it, you may get a replacement iPad.

If there is no Apple Store near you, look for an Apple Authorized Repair Center. There may be one in your city. <Apple Authorized Repair Centers>

Fred

My Ipad doesn't respond when I touch the screen so now when I turn it on from sleep mode its stuck on the lock screen what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.