1. In some iPhone events folders, many photos have the wrong thumbnail. It is the same thumbnail for many photos.
Clicking on the thumbnail will open the correct photo.
How do I get iPhoto to show the correct thumbnail for the photo.
2. Probably related. When I drag and make the thumbnails larger, the large thumbnail disappears and a stitched outline occurs.
I know you cannot guarantee this, but any chance this will wipe out the 10 years of photos on my iPhoto?
It is unlikely but better to have a backup than to lose images (not to mention a proper backup will backup all your information, not just images.)
If I understand you correctly you say you have a 500 GB backup drive and that you are using Time Machine?
That would suggest that you already have a backup (which is what Time Machine does, backs up).
If you don't use Time Machine then you can backup your iPhoto Library by:
- Click anywhere on your desktop (the background)
- Go to the "Go" menu at the very top of the computer screen
- Click on "Home"
- Open the folder called "Pictures"
- Drag the item called "iPhoto Library" to your external drive to copy it.
Side note: Is there a reason you are using a drag / drop method of backing up rather than using an automated backup like Time Machine?