Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 inch (2011-2012) - Drops wifi connection every 10 mins

I have a 2011 iMac 27 inch I purchased in around December. I have the most updated version of OS X Lion.

My wifi connection to my router keeps dropping and losing connection. This does not happen to my other devices (MBP, iPhone, iPad).

There was a fix for OSX Lion which helped for a bit but now it's happening again.

Any help? Is this happening to anyone else?!

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 7:19 PM

4 replies

Jul 9, 2012 12:26 AM in response to Ericvt

Facing same problem with my iMac 27 (2012), dont know what to do, in my case i have wired ethernet before buying it and placed one router on the same table, right now im conecting it with wire, but i need wifi to work, keeping my fingers crossed that may be this problem will resolve with Mountain Lion which is expected in couple of weeks.

Jul 10, 2012 1:58 AM in response to sxs317

I think i have figured out the problem, my problem was different yesterday i used my imac for arround 7-8 hours on wifi and no problems, i use to get a message on the screen i.e. User uploaded file

after clicking ok my wifi looses conection and shows nothing in available wifi, yesterday when i turned on my imac and i got this message after ok my wifi did nothing only my splash streamer disconnected and connected, after every 10 minutes this msg popedup and did same with splash streamer, i uninstalled splash streamer and after that i didnt get any of this message, today ill check my imac and see if i get this message again, than ill reinsall my lion, because i have another user account on the same imac and nothing is happening with that one, so may be im having some issues with OS X not hardware.

having my fingers cross.

iMac 27 inch (2011-2012) - Drops wifi connection every 10 mins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.