Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rent to Own movies on iTunes?

I've just rented a movie and downloaded it although I haven't watched it. If i liked it and decied to buys it, does it take into account the cost of the rental or do I have to pay full price for it still?

Also, if I haven't watched it, can I still reverse the rental purchase and instead just buy the movie? (just realised it's only a difference of $4)

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 5:03 AM

You will still have to pay the full price of the movie. Having rented it in the past doesn't change the price upon purchase.

6 replies

Aug 15, 2014 1:02 AM in response to alanchrishughes

whom ever does the music gave the option to give a discount when buying a few songs for the whole album and it lead to a increase of sales. Being in retail it surprises me how much revenues businesses lose Because of GREED I mean they are so shortsighted that they throw millions away. I have nothing against the pursuit of collecting as much currency as humanly possible but when you throw away billions because they want it all millions of customers can do without paying full price for the new blockbuster of the week. And a year later we have little to no interest in purchasing 95% of the movies that were released that year .

Rent to Own movies on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.