Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

routing port (anyconnect kernel panic solved)

Hello everybody. I have a kernel panic when I try to use the Cisco AnyConnect client with Lion(10.7.x). Before Lion(<=10.6.x), all was working ok

This is the set up : iMac + Os X10.6, model cable, Linksys WRT54G firmware 4.21.1.

At Startup, The iMac(home) have a "script" who add a route for fowarding the 6666 port to 5900 (screen sharing)

sudo ipfw add 00100 fwd 127.0.0.1,5900 tcp from any to me dst-port 6666

My university doesn't allow me to go out on 5900 port, so i use the 6666 when I try to reach my mac at home (in screensharing I write xx.xx.xx.xx:6666). From home, if I try to reach my mac at work, I start AnyConnect and after that I do a simple screensharing with the ip of my work mac.

With LION, If this "script" are execute at startup, when I try to use Cisco Anyconnect, I have a Kernel Panic after +- 30 secondes.

If these command are NOT execute.... NO kernel panic when using Cisco AnyConnect (but my work mac cannot connect to my home mac)

My question :

In Lion (10.7 and up), how can I tell the equivalent of the command : sudo ipfw add 00100 fwd 127.0.0.1,5900 tcp from any to me dst-port 6666 ?

or

Can I modify the screen app to listen from 6666 since 5900

or

does my routeur can do the job ?

Tx in advance to all

Have a nice day 🙂

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 6:40 AM

8 replies

Apr 9, 2012 7:54 AM in response to Alberto Ravasio

Hi Alberto ! From what I read on other post, the Cisco client version doesn't seem the culprit. At work, I din't have the "add route" and have not the problem. At home, only when I add the route cause the kernel panic.

My university doesnt allow other client than anyconnect from cisco... 😟

So, in Lion, how can I add the routing port ?

searching............

Apr 9, 2012 8:36 AM in response to denisfromquebec

Have you tried with ssh port forwarding?

Let's say your home Mac has IP 192.168.1.100

When the VPN channel is up, from the school Mac ssh into your home Mac

ssh -L 6666:192.168.1.100:5900 denis@192.168.1.100

and you connect to your home Mac screen sharing through Finder -> Go To -> Connect to server

vnc://127.0.0.1:6666

P.S.

You must enable Remote login on your home Mac

Apr 9, 2012 11:38 AM in response to denisfromquebec

Similar to Alberto Ravasio, I also use ssh tunneling for my VNC sessions, only I use a slightly different syntax that requires less information on my part

Make your AnyConnect connection.

ssh -L 6666:127.0.0.1:5900 username@my.remote.mac.address

Then using another local terminal session I enter

open vnc://localhost:6666

Or as Alberto Ravasio suggests, you can use: Finder -> Go -> Connect to server -> vnc://localhost:6666

Apr 9, 2012 12:39 PM in response to BobHarris

Well, I think yes and no... 🙂 .

I'm able to reach my home-mac from work if I do the "add route" with ipfw on my home-mac.

But in Lion, when I add this, Cisco AnyConnect do a kernel panic if I use it ( why ??? ).

So what is the "new" method to do a "port fowarding" in Lion ?

I want so send a "request" to 6666 and my home-mac should do a "route" to 5900, so screensharing could answer

( and my home-mac is NOT connect to anyconnect, I use only anyconnect sometimes when I try to reac my mac at work)

routing port (anyconnect kernel panic solved)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.