Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync iphoto iOS with iPhoto mac

Do the iphoto iOS and iphoto imac sync both ways? meaning, for instance, if I make a change on iphoto iOS (e.g. move a pic from one album to another) does it refelct in iphoto iMac when synced?

Or is the sync just one way, i.e. from iMac to iOS device?

Thanks!

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 11:28 PM

Greetings,

Images sync from Mac > to iOS.

If you edit your image on the iOS device you must then share the image to your camera roll and import it to your Mac as if it were a brand new image taken with your camera: http://help.apple.com/iphoto/ipad/1.0/#blnkee26bc1f

Hope that helps.

8 replies

Mar 30, 2013 3:24 AM in response to dmintz

That's insane. I just spent an entire week of evenings sorting over 7000 photos on the iPad hoping to at least be able to delete the bad shots and duplicates I had painstakingly chosen and also sync across the other tags and image edits I'd applied only to find out that NOTHING syncs back to the mac and the dozen or so hours I spent was a complete waste of time.

*** is the point of iPhoto for iPad?!

Mar 30, 2013 3:41 AM in response to whittaker007

only to find out that NOTHING syncs back to the mac and the dozen or so hours I spent was a complete waste of time.

At least your edits you can send back by saving the edited photos to iTunes, but there is no sync at all

http://help.apple.com/iphoto/ipad/1.0/#blnkbe43137b

*** is the point of iPhoto for iPad?!

It us a simple convenience tool to quickly publish and share edited photos on the web, while you have no access to your mac, but it is not (yet) a replacement for an advanced photo library and editor like iPhoto or Aperture on a mac.

sync iphoto iOS with iPhoto mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.