Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My airport utility scan won't pick up my router even though it's currently connected to it. No firewall on.

Oh, cool, a description section. Well, I pretty much asked it all in the heading. My airport utility won't pick up my airport extreme on the scan even though it's currently connected to its wireless network. I turned my firewall off.

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Gen), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 11:15 AM

12 replies

Apr 9, 2012 12:22 PM in response to BDAqua

I don't believe so. I have a hidden network as well as a guest network if that's what you mea

I reset the router and was able to work with it in airport utility. However, after closing Airport Utility, the same issue happened again.

When I scan for wireless devices, it reports no devices found even though the computer is currently connected to my airport's network.

Jun 24, 2015 6:28 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

I tried this but my light is still blinking amber… Do you or does anyone else have any suggestions? I have internet connection and this is a brand new AirPort Extreme that I just got in the mail. I have set it up, but the amber light is still blinking. Additionally, the AirPort Utility cannot detect it. I have tried to detect it several times with no success. Any tips? And I have the 6.3.1 version of the AirPort Utility application.

Jun 25, 2015 7:31 AM in response to jandldolan

jandldolan wrote:

I tried this but my light is still blinking amber… Do you or does anyone else have any suggestions? I have internet connection and this is a brand new AirPort Extreme that I just got in the mail. I have set it up, but the amber light is still blinking. Additionally, the AirPort Utility cannot detect it. I have tried to detect it several times with no success. Any tips? And I have the 6.3.1 version of the AirPort Utility application.

This thread is way too old.

Please start a new post and give details about your Airport (make/model/etc...). Describe what you did in the new post. And are you really running 10.5 Leopard?

You might want to post this in the Airport forum <AirPort>, or if you think it is a Mac OS X problem, then the forum specific to your version of Mac OS X.

My airport utility scan won't pick up my router even though it's currently connected to it. No firewall on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.