Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does anyone have experience with conversion of audio to midi software?

I need to convert aiff or wav audio (polyphonic audio from a piano solo) to midi, so that I can notate (print the sheet music). I know this is not an exact science but hopefully someone in the community has some experience with a software product that reliably converts piano audio to midi. Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 3:25 PM

6 replies

Dec 5, 2015 10:48 AM in response to scottkb2000

You can import the audio track into logic, open the audio editor, open flex, select flex pitch data, and select edit/create midi track from flex pitch data.

However, I had problems when I tried to do this with a piano track. I don't know why, for it works with simpler electronic-type base tracks or whatever that start as audio. It's frustrating; I think that it should be doable with piano. I know there are numerous software tools one could buy to accomplish your purpose, and mine, but that sort of defeats the purpose, if you want the flexibility of midi for other reasons. I wish that one of the experts would respond to this.

does anyone have experience with conversion of audio to midi software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.